Why do I love Studio UFO Open Studio?
1) Trish Harding really knows her stuff. She paints, draws, sculpts and does ceramics and she is great at all of them.
2) Trish is an amazing teacher. She teaches the principles of painting as she critiques. Every day we learn something new that helps us become better at what we do.
3) Everybody is encouraged to find their own style and to reach for excellence. Our work is really different and distinctive.
4) It is fun to be there. The group of artists there are interesting, intelligent, fun, and great at giving helpful feedback in a positive way.
5) Artists learn not just how to paint, but also how to critique the work of others. This skill feeds back into our own work and makes us better at what we do.
6) It is great to watch and participate in everybody's artistic growth. You can see clearly how much all the artists are learning by looking at their work.
7) Students learn about the professional aspects of being an artist: how to show work, how to write artist statements and resumes, and all the aspects of being a professional.
8) Trish helps artists to show their work and has several venues where she sets up shows for us.
I love how my own work has grown over the years at Studio UFO. I went from an unknown amateur painter to a known and accomplished professional painter. This would not have happened without my years at Open Studio and the fantastic teaching of Trish Harding.
Thanks Trish. I really value you and all you do!
“I’ve been studying at the Trish Harding School of Art for nearly six years, and Open Studio has been THE catalyst for my growth as an artist. Working regularly with other artists is not only stimulating and motivating but it take place in a supportive environment. Trish Harding is a talented artist and exceptional teacher. One of the things I value most about studying with her is that she nurtures individuality and encourages and guides each artist to develop her own unique voice.”